How do I find furniture casters?


My husband thinks I’m ridiculous because I’m excited at getting this little bar cart (picture below). It was free and can so easily be flipped into something more current. I’m picturing gold metal and a faux marble finish. I’m debating about what to do with the wheels. They’re currently a yellowed polyurethane, which definitely makes it look dated. So I’m pretty sure they have to be completely replaced. Where is the best place to find new ones that fit with the style I’m going for. I’m probably going to sell it once completed, so the lower the price the better


q how do i find furniture casters
  18 answers
  • Chas' Crazy Creations Chas' Crazy Creations on Jun 03, 2020

    I got mine from the hardware store, but you could also order some online -

  • I know around here there a a couple of 'junk stores' where they have bins of old hardware, tools, etc. If you have one nearby, check there. Otherwise, check in a thrift store or Restore. Another option is Amazon.

  • Flipturn Flipturn on Jun 03, 2020

    Quality furniture casters that function properly with any longevity are not

    inexpensive. The price may exceed what you are realistically able to sell the cart for once you spruce it up.

  • Your local home improvement store will have a variety of casters but you can also search them online which should provide you with a wider selection.

  • William William on Jun 03, 2020

    The casters slip into a plastic insert in the feet. You can remove a caster and go to Home Depot, Menards, Lowes. Match up the thickness and length of the shaft.

  • Ken Erickson Ken Erickson on Jun 03, 2020

    Go to Home Depot of Harbor Freight. Take one caster with you to get proper size.

  • Em Em on Jun 03, 2020

    Look on Etsy and Amazon. They both carry them.

  • Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Jun 03, 2020

    Check with local hardware stores. Our Ace hardware carries some of the most unusual items like this. It was the only place I could find replacement parts for a closet door. Not even Amazon had it.

  • I would look on Amazon, Etsy, hardware stores (maybe some specialty ones), etc.

  • Dee Dee on Jun 03, 2020

    Lowes and Home Depot sell furniture casters. Google furniture casters and many different varieties come up and the companies who sell them.

  • Betsy Betsy on Jun 06, 2020

    Hi Sarah: Most home improvement stores should carry your casters. If you have a Harbor Freight near you, they carry them in my area store. I think that's a neat cart! :) Good luck

  • Janice Janice on Jun 07, 2020

    Hi Sarah, if you really are focused on an inexpensive fix, you could get spray paint for plastic and spray the casters with an appropriate color. For no more "rolling" than the cart will likely be doing, I'm sure they paint would last a long time.

  • Joy Elizabeth Joy Elizabeth on Jun 07, 2020

    Amazon has a good variety, I bought casters on amazon a few times to make rolling wood crates! Here is a search for a set of four decorative casters that might have what you are looking for!

  • Amanda Amanda on Jan 08, 2021

    Lowes or harbor freight. Not sure if hobby lobby has them on the bottom shelves on the drawer pull aisle

  • Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on Jan 19, 2021

    Buy a Harbor Freight furniture dolly for $6 (less with coupon) and take the casters off of it. 4 for $6 is a deal.

  • Deb K Deb K on Jun 05, 2021

    Hi Sarah, you can get casters and wheels at any home improvement store or hardware store, remove one of the old wheels to take for sizing purposes and also so u=you know what size opening they fit.

  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jun 08, 2021


    Your local DIY store should have all you need o complete this project! Spray paint the wheels and frame the same colour. Use spackle to fill holes and then cover with Contact paper.

  • Joyce Halbmaier Joyce Halbmaier on Jun 08, 2021

    Lowes or Home Depot