Repurposed Sweater and More!

Hey there Friends! There's a super fun tour going on this week in Blogland called "Swap it Like it's Hot" where we head to the thrift store armed with $10 to find something that we will then mail to another creative blogger to make over. In turn we also receive a thrifty package of goods. Today I'm sharing what I received and what it looks like now!
Here is what Kimm from Reinvented sent to me:
There was a tray also, but it unfortunately didn't make the cut this time. (You can see it on my blog at the link at the bottom of this post.)
Here is how I repurposed this cozy sweater and I believe that's a salt and pepper shaker holder:
I created this super sweet owl and a snuggly pumpkin from the sweater.
And did you notice the salt and pepper shaker thingy? Here it is:
I created a small Fall arrangement in it! This all came together to make the perfect Fall vignette for my entryway table.
To make the pumpkin, I cut a circle from the sweater, and gathered the edges with crochet thread. Then I stuffed it with polyfil. I used a stem from an old pumpkin to cover the small gap at the top.
Then I stuffed it with polyfil. I used a stem from an old pumpkin to cover the small gap at the top. The sections were created with crochet thread and a large needle.
For the owl, I sketched out a pattern on paper, then found some scrap fabrics to add to the sweater to create him. Here's a pictorial of the rest:
I love these additions to my neutral Fall decor!
Don't you want to go find an old sweater now? :)

Confessions of a Serial DIYer

• Kris Kone

Thank you for the idea!!! I accidently stained a handcrafted sweater, that I just cant seem to find the heart to get rid of....making a pumpkin out of it is perfect!!!! Thank you for the inspiration :)

• Cristi Roe

I love the owl I love the pumpkin! You're very talented! I think I could spray paint a sweater white if the color wasn't right, you think?