Simple & Affordable DIY Shabby Chic Pumpkin

Shabby Chic is one of my favorite looks, especially for fall. It is so classy and subtle which can easily transition into beautiful Thanksgiving decor.
I saw some beautiful shabby chic craft pumpkins at an antique store a few weeks ago. The price tag was not so pretty, $28.00 a piece! And they were small. So, I decided to recreate the same look on my own with some dollar store pumpkins. This easy DIY cheap shabby chic pumpkin that is totally perfect for anyone to try out!
simple affordable diy shabby chic pumpkin, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, shabby chic
I bought white pumpkins already cut in half, but you can use any kind of pumpkin in any color. It can be a whole pumpkin, orange, or whatever you can find. That is the great thing about this project!
Supplies:
Craft pumpkin (dollar store ones work great)
Chalk paint in white
Acrylic Paint in various colors
Gold spray paint
Glitter spray paint
You can get more item details here
Step One:
Paint pumpkin completely with white chalk paint. This will only take a few minutes to dry.
Step Two:
With a different color in acrylic paint, add it to creases , then with a towel or sponge, blend it. Orange was for one pumpkin and gray was used on the other. It should create a chippy look as shown in second picture. The key to this step is to add it a little bit heavier in the crease, so it will appear darker.
Step Three:
With the other acrylic color, repeat step two. This will give just another layer.
For the rest of the supplies and steps please check out my blog post below! The final step involves my absolute favor DIY tool, spray paint! You can read my ultimate spray paint tips here too

Alexis @ Chemistry Cachet