Bathroom Redo for Only $27!

$27
3 Weeks

Last year I re-imagined and re-invented my builder basic bathroom. It now has loads more character, a modern style, and a bold color!
Basically, my bathroom was beige and boring. It drove me crazy.
I love the look of wainscoting and I wanted to try it in the bathroom because it's a small space. I did faux wainscoting by painting the bottom third of the wall (including the baseboards) white. Then later I installed a chair rail (see below).
Then I painted the top part of the wall a brilliant teal. I am obsessed with teal. All the paint I used in this project I got for free at my local household hazard waste facility where they have a paint exchange. I used this same color to paint a bold coffee table and my front door!
Next I tackled the chair rail for the wainscoting. I used three 12 foot slats of white trim I bought for $13. I bought liquid nails to put them up and white caulk for the joints which totaled $4.50.
I also used the trim and liquid nails to frame my mirror. I removed the little clips on the mirror and replaced them with large flat washers. That way I was able to install the trim flat like a frame.
The last piece of my project was creating these reclaimed wood shelves. I got this wood for free off Craigslist and used white brackets I got for free with rebate from Menards.
So the total for this project was $26.50: $13 for white trim, $4.50 for caulking and liquid nails, and $9 for hardware to hang the shelves (anchors & screws) plus washers to hold up the mirror.
Here's the before and after shots!
Visit my blog for more details on how I completed this project, a few AWESOME paint tips you don't want to miss, and more inexpensive home improvement project like this. Thanks for reading!

Inspired Eggshell Interior Paint, Dream .05, Gallon
Molding Latc 1/4x1-3/8x8

Welcome to the Woods

• Rebecca Helms

Great job on the redo! What did you do with the bathtub? I love the color!

• Carla

Hey ....

where did you buy the wood holders ???for the wall I'm trying to find them online and stores and I've only find metal ones ?

• Sheila

I am looking for weed eater yardarm tools

• Emily L. Jones

This is beautiful and smart! Great for you!

• Susan Shutter

Definitely more personality. May I suggest painting the shelf brackets teal where they lay on the wall for a cleaner look.