Non-Traditional Painted Pumpkin Pillow

Another month of the DIY Blogger challenge! This month, 16 bloggers used a Paint-A-Pillow kit from Cutting Edge Stencils to customize our own Halloween/Fall pillow. Check out the amazing pillows by clicking the hashtag .
I decided to make a Teal pumpkin in honor of both my desire to be non-traditional this fall and as part of the Teal pumpkin movement that identifies allergy-sensitive conscious homes for Trick-o-Treating. ENTER the stencil giveaway on the blog which ends today (link at the bottom)!
How great is this pillow? I am so happy with the turnout and it was the easiest pillow project ever! Here is how I made it.
The Paint-a-Pillow kit brings everything you need to make your own creation. The stencil is even set for you to dive right into painting.
I even used the paint I was able to request with the pillow kit. You could, however, use any acrylic based paint and dilute with textile medium should you have a favorite paint color.
I used the roller and stencil brush to paint the pumpkin. Make sure you remove excess paint from both before applying your paint to the stencil. I made that mistake on another project and have learned my lesson. The less paint the better. You can always apply more coats!
You know how much I like gold. I just had to make the stem gold and mixed up some paint using textile medium. I used 2 parts paint and 1 part of the textile medium then used the brush to apply to the pillow cover.
After you paint the pumpkin, add a personalized touch using studs!
These studs were on sale and perfect for my pillow. However, they weren't made for fabric. See what they are and how I applied them by heading over to my blog.
I finished the pillow with a few swirls using the gold paint mixture I made. Do you want to make your own pumpkin pillow? Or perhaps have another stencil in mind? Head over to my blog to enter a FREE Cutting Edge Stencil giveaway valued up to $50. 3 winners will be selected!

Stephanie @ Casa Watkins Living

• Kathy Bitzan

I was one of the winners of a stencil. I'm sorry it took me so long to say thank you but wasn't sure how to get back here. I did post on my fb page. But just wanted to know that I got my free stencil and look forward to using it. Thank you again.

• Kathy Bitzan

I forgot to tell you how excited I was to get the email saying I had won... I had to read it like 3 times and then to choose a stencil took even longer... Thank you.