Easy Fabric Coasters

This is the perfect project for a beginner just learning to sew. Make these fabric coasters in just 5 minutes per coaster it's so easy!
You will need fabric of your choice (this is the perfect project for scraps) I used some fabric from the great new Little House on the Prairie(R) Andover Fabrics Collection. You will also need two coordinating colors of felt, a sewing machine, thread, and pinking shears.
cut the fabric into 4inch by 4inch squares. pin your square onto the first coordinating felt color, and trim the felt just slightly larger than your 4x4 fabric square. Using the pinking shears helps to keep the fabric from fraying so much. Plus it gives it a fun edge too!
sew around the edge of your fabric and felt to secure them together.
cut a second felt square with the second coordinating color again just slightly larger than the ones before it. Sew around the edges securing the three squares together, and then sew an X through the top of the coaster.
use your new fabric coasters to set your hot or cold drinks on and protect your newly refinished table surfaces! I love my tile coasters, but these are such a great non breakable option and they take up very little storage space. And they are easily washable.
Check out the blog link below for a giveaway from Andover Fabric and Little House on the Prairie (Plus the best hot cocoa recipe around!)

Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
Kelli @CraftShackChronicles

• Joanie
    Joanie

They remind me of the Quilted look and I love them!!!! Keep on learning with sewing skills.....Good Luck!

• Maude  LaFountain
    Maude LaFountain

I love these !!! I have made the bowl holders and now I can make these to match them .....thank you for sharing !!!