Lindsay Eidahl
Lindsay Eidahl
  • Cedar Rapids, IA

DIY Wood Gift Bag For Mason Jar Gift For Teachers

Every Christmas, my kids and I get excited to put together gifts for their teachers. We try and come up with creative ways to show them how much we appreciate all that they do. This year, we made them a DIY Wood Gift Bag that would hold a Mason jar full of gifts for them.
diy wood gift bag for mason jar gift for teachers, christmas decorations, crafts, mason jars
We had some old, rustic wood in the garage and cut it to make an easy gift bag for the Mason jar. We cut two sides and then made a bottom and two more square sides. We nailed all the sides together.
For the handle, we screwed holes on the taller sides of the gift bag and used rope for the handles.
Next, we went out shopping for gift ideas that would fit inside the Mason jar.
We came up with a fun gift tag to explain each gift. (You can get this free printable on my blog post: http://www.mycreativedays.com/diy-wood-gift-bag-mason-jar-teacher-gift/)
We filled the jar and put it in the gift bag along with some greenery.
I love the way this turned out. It is rustic and fun and something the teachers can use for other things.
You can see all the details of this DIY Wood Gift Bag on my blog here: http://www.mycreativedays.com/diy-wood-gift-bag-mason-jar-teacher-gift/
Lindsay Eidahl