Holly Lefevre
Holly Lefevre
  • Austin, TX

Gifts in a Mason Jar: Teenage Boy

Wow - it is that time all ready. Time to think about the holidays and gift giving. I have a teenage boy and as he gets older I have a much harder time purchasing non-electronic (items with screens) gifts and also ones that don't cost hundreds of dollars (gaming systems). This year, for one of his gifts I am combining a few of his favorite things in a drinkable mason jar. I sure hope he likes it! There are so many ways to personalize mason jars and make unique gifts. I probably spent a little more on this gift because it was for my son, but I also think a mason jar filled with candy and a gift card or other small gift would be much appreciated by any teenage boy.
gifts in a mason jar teenage boy, crafts, mason jars
Trying to surprise and delight my teenage boy gets harder and harder. This year I made a small collection of his favorites in a drinkable mason jar.
Supplies:
1. Wide Mouth Mason jar and lid. I actually choose a 24 ounce jar with a s=drinkable lid and stainless steel straw, so that the jar also serves a purpose after opening the gift.
2. His favorite candy
3. A portable charger
4. New earbuds
5. Gift cards (one for food, one for gifts, one for music)
On the blog post there is a list of other items that might work really well for a teenage boy gift in a jar.
Quality drinking glasses are a hot commodity in our house. I made a mason jar drinking cozy in a Star Wars fabric to decorate the jar.
All of my smaller gifts fit perfectly in the jar. Now, just put the top on and you are ready for gifting!
I love using mason jars for everything. This Teenage Boy gift in s Mason Jar is a versatile and useful gift anyone would love!
Holly Lefevre

• Kar12100249

Where did you get the sipper / straw top?

• Holly Lefevre

I bought this jar and id together. I think you can get them on Amazon or even Target/Walmart sell similar lids

• Lesley Brough

I have some plastic jars that contained nuts from Costco. I will use them for younger children. Thank you for this idea.
    • Holly Lefevre

Plastic jars are a great idea for little kids. I save both plastic and glass jars for projects like. this