Wood Crate Turned Faux Planter: Holiday Crate X 10

A few weeks ago, my awesome friend, Carole, from Garden Up Green contacted me about joining her for a holiday collaboration post with 7 other talented bloggers. Working with Carole is always fun, so of course I said, "Yes!"
wood crate turned faux planter holiday crate x 10, christmas decorations, crafts, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
Our challenge, "Holiday Crate x 10" was a perfect opportunity to get the creative ball rolling this holiday season.
We each started with a simple wood crate. After that, the rest was up to each of us to decide. It was time to get creative and into the holiday spirit!
I chose stain for my project. I loved how the cherry color turned out - exactly how I had envisioned it!
Once the stain was dry, I added a fun plaid ribbon around the top of the crate and attached it to the corners with hot glue. Next, I made a pretty matching bow and decided to offset it a bit. Another shot of hot glue and it was done!
A Norfolk pine tree became the centerpiece of the project. I found a perfect-sized tree at Lowe's, added lights and balls, dropped it into the crate, and stuffed bright red tissue paper around the edges to fill in the empty space.
I love the cheery holiday welcome it adds to the porch!
I had a great time joining these ladies for this fun DIY challenge, and my Christmas crate will be a constant reminder of them and their talent. Visit the blog to find the links to all of their creative projects.
To Work With My Hands

• Jenlove

Love it.

• Dia9652269

We are moving to Florida, from NY before Christmas......budget will be tight, and can't wait to make this for our front stoop!!!!!! Thanks so much for the idea!!!!

• To Work With My Hands

I'm so thrilled you've been inspired! I hope you have a wonderful move and a beautiful Christmas season! You should enjoy a much milder one this year, huh?