Wood Crate Turned Faux Planter: Holiday Crate X 10

A few weeks ago, my awesome friend, Carole, from Garden Up Green contacted me about joining her for a holiday collaboration post with 7 other talented bloggers. Working with Carole is always fun, so of course I said, "Yes!"
Our challenge, "Holiday Crate x 10" was a perfect opportunity to get the creative ball rolling this holiday season.
We each started with a simple wood crate. After that, the rest was up to each of us to decide. It was time to get creative and into the holiday spirit!
I chose stain for my project. I loved how the cherry color turned out - exactly how I had envisioned it!
Once the stain was dry, I added a fun plaid ribbon around the top of the crate and attached it to the corners with hot glue. Next, I made a pretty matching bow and decided to offset it a bit. Another shot of hot glue and it was done!
A Norfolk pine tree became the centerpiece of the project. I found a perfect-sized tree at Lowe's, added lights and balls, dropped it into the crate, and stuffed bright red tissue paper around the edges to fill in the empty space.
I love the cheery holiday welcome it adds to the porch!
I had a great time joining these ladies for this fun DIY challenge, and my Christmas crate will be a constant reminder of them and their talent. Visit the blog to find the links to all of their creative projects.

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
To Work With My Hands

• Jenlove

Love it.

• Dia9652269

We are moving to Florida, from NY before Christmas......budget will be tight, and can't wait to make this for our front stoop!!!!!! Thanks so much for the idea!!!!

• To Work With My Hands

I'm so thrilled you've been inspired! I hope you have a wonderful move and a beautiful Christmas season! You should enjoy a much milder one this year, huh?