Turning an Old Dresser Into a Media Console

When we purchased an abandoned storage unit at an auction, it came with this very sad old dresser in it. I tried to sell the dresser, but nobody would take it, even for next to nothing. So it sat in the garage, forgotten, for months.
After it sat for months I decided it might be the perfect dresser to experiment with. I have had a project in mind for awhile now. I wanted to turn a long dresser into a media console for the TV in our main living room.
While I was cleaning the dresser I discovered that it was solid wood so I decided to finish it like my Storage Auction Side Tables (Seen here: http://www.hometalk.com/10811491/storage-auction-trash-to-treasure) I started by stripping the old finish off the drawers and top of the dresser with a chemical paint stripper. I love citristrip because it's super low odor (smells like oranges!) and less harsh than some of the others, but still does the job perfectly.
After removing the drawer slides from the top drawers, and taking the back off the dresser, we cut a shelf to fit and secured it in place.
The body of the dresser was painted with my HomeRight Finish Max paint sprayer (Love that thing!) and White Chalky Finish paint from DecoArt.
I added a pop of color by painting the old brassy hardware with chalk paint as well, and sealing it with clear wax.
The new shelf we created inside the unit was also painted with the same color, and I gave the inside of the drawers the same treatment! I love the surprise of color when you open the drawer.
A little reminder of what we started with. I can't believe it's the same dresser when I look at it now, it was so sad before!
I love how it turned out! A space for everything, with room to grow and so many little things can be hid away in the drawers.
This is one of my very favorite projects to date, I am so excited with how it turned out!

Kelli @CraftShackChronicles