Karen's Up on The Hill
Karen's Up on The Hill
  • Richmond, VA

DIY Birch Wood Candle Holder

Hi friends! Today I'm sharing a super easy craft project for the blog hop!
While decorating our house for the holidays, I have a lot of fun making things that I see in stores rather than buying them, and this was one of those projects. I saw an expensive birch wood candle holder in a store this week and thought “I can make that”! I mean, how hard can putting a hole in a piece of wood be?
diy birch wood candle holder, christmas decorations, seasonal holiday decor
So I texted my husband and asked him if he would do it for me. After taking the opportunity to tell me what tools he wants for Christmas (yawn) he said yes. It turns out, it's not so hard at all :)
Here’s how easy it was to make:
I had already bought a bundle of birch firewood at Home Depot for about $13. If you don’t happen to have a piece of birch wood just laying around, you could pick some up there, or any kind of wood log would do.
When I decided that I wanted make a candle holder with the logs that I had, I went through them and pulled out the pieces of wood that were cut flat on the bottom so it wood sit on a table or shelf.
My husband drilled holes in the top of the logs using a 1 1/2 inch Forstner Bit. That size perfectly fits votive and tealight candles.
Once the holes are drilled, insert candles. Done.
A super easy project that makes the prettiest, rustic votive candle holder for your holiday home. And since we made two, I’m gifting one to our friends!
Happy Holidays Y'all!
Stop by the blog to see more photos and to get hundreds of other great holiday ideas from the Home for Christmas party!
Karen's Up on The Hill