Goodwill Score for My Kids Christmas Repuposed Sewing Table

113K Views
After shopping at the mall and totally disappointed with finding nothing for my grown kids, I stopped by the local Goodwill to see if I could come up with something special for them. This cried out "take me home." This is for my daughter and her husband. They were blown away.
Time: 2 DaysCost: $50.00Difficulty: Medium
  • goodwill score for my kids christmas repuposed sewing table, painted furniture
The finish was a disaster so there was no saving it.
The clear coat was very thick so I started sanding away.
This is after I sanded it and my husband marked his saw marks to sink the bowl in.
The is a beverage tub from Marshalls. It had a rounded edge so I beat the day lights out of it to make it flat. I used my mouse sander to sand the edge down so it would sit flush. Burned up another mouse sander on this project.
I stained it with Minwax Ebony .
Starting reconstruction
The medallion is made of wood from Lowes. I painted it with parchment chalk finish paint. Then I used my burning tool to outline the detail. I painted the drawer fronts black chalk finish and spray painted the hardwear.
Up close of the medallion secured with e600
The wine glass holder was made from a wine crate the local store gave me and my husband made holders.

Suggested materials for this project: