The BEST Seed Starting Tips... EVER!

With the holidays behind us, it's time! Time to get a jump start on gardening, which means SEED STARTING! This task can either be a pleasure or a pain... let me show you how to really enjoy the process...
Gather seed starting supplies. I used Living Ledge Vertical Garden Seedies Window Planters, Dr. Earth Soil and a variety of seeds from Renee's Garden and Burpee.
Grab your jar of cinnamon from the pantry and set aside.
Fill your seed starting trays with your choice of soil, place seeds, add another layer of soil and top with CINNAMON! Water in until the soil is moist.
Updated: Cinnamon is an antifungal and antimicrobial. It will help to prevent fungus growth and issues with dampening off.
Place your Living Ledge Vertical Garden Trays in a east or south facing window for winter seed starting or in a north or west facing window for summer seed starting. Place your filled seedling trays on the shelves and keep moist, watering only from the bottom of the watertight shelf. When you see your seedlings emerge, rotate your seedling tray twice per day, continuing to water from the bottom.
Watch and enjoy your new seedlings emerge. No issues with fungus, no issues with dampening off.
With the use of cinnamon and the right seed starting containers you will have many years of seed starting bliss ahead of you. Happy Growing!
~ Chrissy Rex
Chrissy Rex

• Cathy sunshine

How much water and cinnamon. When the plants start to sprout don’t spray them?

• Nelson

Where can you buy these living ledge trays?

• Cathy Ramos

when they grow into little plants are they then ready to ppsnt in the garden? How far ahead should I start this process I live in Chicago....thankyou

• Sandra

I’m going to try this. Great idea!

• Bobby Harpoon

I read the article very quickly. I don't think you mentioned the purpose of the cinnamon. In case someone does read this comment it is for controlling mold and fungus from forming on the constant wet soil and pots. A diluted 50/50 mix of 3% HYDROGEN PEROXIDE and distilled water sprayed on the surface of the soil will also assist in stopping the seed killers. (mold and fungus) Good luck on your seed adventures!

• Sherry

She did mention it was to help with fungus and mold. And thx for your idea as well.