The BEST Seed Starting Tips... EVER!

With the holidays behind us, it's time! Time to get a jump start on gardening, which means SEED STARTING! This task can either be a pleasure or a pain... let me show you how to really enjoy the process...
Gather seed starting supplies. I used Living Ledge Vertical Garden Seedies Window Planters, Dr. Earth Soil and a variety of seeds from Renee's Garden and Burpee.
Grab your jar of cinnamon from the pantry and set aside.
Fill your seed starting trays with your choice of soil, place seeds, add another layer of soil and top with CINNAMON! Water in until the soil is moist.
Updated: Cinnamon is an antifungal and antimicrobial. It will help to prevent fungus growth and issues with dampening off.
Place your Living Ledge Vertical Garden Trays in a east or south facing window for winter seed starting or in a north or west facing window for summer seed starting. Place your filled seedling trays on the shelves and keep moist, watering only from the bottom of the watertight shelf. When you see your seedlings emerge, rotate your seedling tray twice per day, continuing to water from the bottom.
Watch and enjoy your new seedlings emerge. No issues with fungus, no issues with dampening off.
With the use of cinnamon and the right seed starting containers you will have many years of seed starting bliss ahead of you. Happy Growing!
~ Chrissy Rex

3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Chrissy Rex

• Cathy sunshine
    Cathy sunshine

How much water and cinnamon. When the plants start to sprout don’t spray them?

• Nelson
    Nelson

Where can you buy these living ledge trays?

• Cathy Ramos
    Cathy Ramos

when they grow into little plants are they then ready to ppsnt in the garden? How far ahead should I start this process I live in Chicago....thankyou

• A loverly life
      A loverly life

Chicagoland gal here and avid gardner.

When you sow seeds depends on the type of seeds that you use.

Check the back of the package, they will say something like "6 weeks before last frost".

It is important to read the seed planting instructions because some seeds to be sown directly in the ground, like poppies or types of butterfly milkweed.

• Pat
    Pat

Absolutely do NOT recommend using cinnamon. I tried this last year due to an internet tip like this and so much mold grew ON the cinnamon! Remember, cinnamon is basically tree bark and mold loves damp tree bark.

• Krafty Mrs.K
    Krafty Mrs.K

I have been using cinnamon on my rose cutting for the past couple years and those are the only ones that rooted. I use it instead of rooting hormone now. i am sure spices can get old and not work as well.