Homeology.co.za
Homeology.co.za
  • South Africa

Room Paint DIY: Drippy Wall

We have been doing some very exciting paint projects behind the scenes these last few months, and this one has to be my favourite.
room paint diy drippy wall, chalk paint, painting, pallet
It's a very simple project although it takes a bit of planning, but once you get it right, it's great fun. Try your own room paint DIY this Spring with a riot of colour!
You will need:
A variety of paint colours (we used Chalk Paint ® decorative paint by Annie Sloan in Emperor’s Silk, Napoleonic Blue, Antibes, Barcelona Orange, English Yellow and Florence).
A different 20ml syringe for each colour
Masking tape, drop sheets and paper to protect your floors
How to:
At first, I used 20ml per line – THIS IS WAY TOO MUCH! The paint kept running and running for a good 30mins after application, so start with between 3 and 5ml until you get the hang of it.
Then it’s really as simple as sucking the paint into the syringe (don’t dilute it),
carefully placing the syringe as close to the cornice as possible,
and slowly pushing the paint out!
I finished one colour at a time, keeping the lines dense and long on the one end and making them gradually more sparse and shorter toward the other end of the wall.
It’s amazing to see what the paint does: some of the lines run perfectly straight down, others have a mind of their own and go off in their own direction (the fan that we turned on at some point may have had something to do with a few of them taking off diagonally!). Some of the lines even merged to form new and interesting colours of their own. So all in all, every wall using this method will be entirely unique!
We’d love to see what you do with this, so choose a wall, get your paint out and get creative. Please send us your pictures!

CHALK PAINT (R) by Annie Sloan - Napoleonic Blue (Quart - 32oz) –...

Homeology.co.za

• Don12727204

Where do u get the Anne Sloan paint

• Homeology.co.za

HI DonnaLee, thanks for your question! That would depend on your location - I suggest you search for Chalk Paint in your area. For this project however, you don't HAVE to use chalk paint, any wall paint (PVA) will do!

• Gra17007163

Could this be done on a concrete floor by just swirling the different colors around out of a syringe? Same type of paint???

• Diane

Why chalk paint???

• Homeology.co.za

Great question! I had a lot of chalk paint left over after another project. Any paint suitable for walls will do, however 😊

• Tracey Clayton

I would never have courage for this kind of DIY! Well done! My hubby always hire commercial painters for walls and that’s the best option for us!

• Terry Foley Ord

Go for it!! I think we may l try it. So pretty and deciding on a color?? On hand we have many colors? Wish me luck.. try it in a closet or a place unnoticeable, then you can earn the money the contractor gets/ lol

• Tamela Gates

I will have to try this out in either my son's room or the spare room. Thanks for the inspiration! It looks like an awesomely creative project! 🖌️🤗