Hula Hoop Chandelier

$1.00

This is my Hula Hoop Chandelier. The arbor on the back patio was blocking the house light from above and it always seemed dark. But, not anymore! Couldn't wait until it turned dark tonight so I could see how it looked! :) Just needs a little touch-up with the paint tomorrow! Items needed: Hula hoop, spray paint, 2 strands of icycle lights, electrical tape and some heavy fishing line. I bought the hula hoop for $1 and we had all the other supplies!
Spray paint the hula hoop to match the wires on your icycle lights, tape lights at every hanging icycle and hang with fishing line!
A Hula Hoop Chandelier brightens our patio!

21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen

• Lillie Burns
    Lillie Burns

This is awesome! I want to try it. How did you mount the hula hoop? Did you use battery operated lights.
    • LeeAnn M
      LeeAnn M

I used 4 strands of fishing line to tie the hula hoop to the arbor. We had a light on the house above the arbor, but it didn't shine through the arbor very well. I took out the light bulb and screwed in one of those electrical outlets with metal light bulb ends on them. I put the bulb back in to light up the yard a little. Then I wove the electrical cord through the arbor and plugged it in to the new outlet.
      , Screw in electrical outlet
  • Dju17954773
    Dju17954773

instructions to do this hula hoop C
    • LeeAnn M
      LeeAnn M

Wrap the lights around your hula hoop. Tape them in place every 6 to 8 ". I used fishing line to tie the hula hoop to the arbor. I plugged my lights into a outlet we had on the house so I can use the switch by the back door.
  • Brenda
    Brenda

what length was the string of lights You used? I've never seen the plug outlets that can be screwed into a lightbulb socket. What a cool concept.
    • LeeAnn M
      LeeAnn M

If, I remember right, I used two small strings of lights.

• Jaden alcocer
    Jaden alcocer

I tried this project, but instead of the hoola hoop I used a wired plant holder.

• Jeanett
    Jeanett

I did a modified version of this idea and I love it. I wrapped a straight string of 100 bulb lights onto the hoop, covered it with rope and hung it with rope. Delighted with the results and it only cost 12.00 to make.