Soda Crate Jewelry Organizer

The new year always stirs organization in me. I know I'm not alone because this month my junk loving group of blog friends had our makeover challenge on . I have a fun and easy solution for all the popular chunky cuff bracelets that seem to be accumulating in my jewelry pile!
I saved this old soda crate from a friend's trash pile. It was worn out, dirty and the paint was outdated. I simply started by giving it a fresh coat of homemade chalk paint. I always make my paint with Plaster of Paris, water and the paint of my choice. It is such a cost saver! A bucket of Plaster of Paris will last a LONG time.
Next, I rounded up some odd and end pieces of hardware that I have in hoards...an old drawer pull back, a water spigot handle, brass cabinet knobs and a crystal from a chandelier.
I pre-drilled holes for the brass hardware, I was working in a little space, so I needed to be careful. The water faucet knob and crystal are all glued on with an all purpose epoxy glue. Be sure to let it dry completely!
For extra storage I used antique brass cabinet knobs on the side to hang necklaces from. You could easily turn the crate and have longer storage on the side, but this is the shape of wall space I had for my project. Now this heavenly little piece resides in my closet, where I keep all my jewelry. I can see all the bracelets I have, which means I wear them more! Wait till you see how I transformed these Walmart stools from cheap to chic, you'll definitely want to try it yourself!  If you want some more great junk upcycle ideas head over to Hunt & Host! It would be so great to have you visit!

Salvaged Living: Decorating & DIY

• Lisa House

Thank everyone for the ideas! I just finished painting my crate white but hadn't figured out what to do with it...now I have more ideas than I need, LOL!

• Wendy Ann Short

Wow what a great Idea and thanks for sharing