DIY Coastal Rope Mirror Makeover

I love a good makeover story and this Wayfair mirror makeover is no exception! I took on the Wayfair/HomeTalk by transforming a sweet and simple mirror into a coastal beach beauty!
With the addition of rope and seashells this mirror makeover couldn't be easier! The most difficult part is sitting for a few hours gluing rope around and around in circles. The key is to keep your rope tight and even, trimming it off at the end and then looping back around with a new row.
After rope is applied, attach starfish using hot glue. Heavily coat shelf ledge with mod podge and layer with sea shell filler. Allow to dry. Visit me over on the blog for even more photos of this "mirror Cinderella story!"
Before it was a sweet and simple framed mirror, after it has been transformed into this coastal rope mirror!
Come see how easy it is to transform a basic mirror into a true work of art!
All this mirror needed was a little rope and shells to turn it into a true beach beauty!

At The Picket Fence

• Lillyanna

This is my DIY project

• Jesscossin

I have smaller mirrors that I bought from the Dollar Store, any ideas on how to attach the rope without compromising the size of the mirror?