Rachel Teodoro
Rachel Teodoro
  • Milton, WA

Using a Vintage Picture to Make a Knock Off Art Piece

I purchased a large canvas for $1 and ended up knocking off a Restoration Hardware picture and it saved me $545!
using a vintage picture to make a knock off art piece, repurposing upcycling, wall decor
Large frames and canvases are hard to come by, so when I saw this large piece of art for only $1 at a garage sale I knew I had to snatch it up! I had seen a large piece of art in a Restoration Hardware catalog and knew I couldn't afford it, but I knew I could try to recreate it. I love the final outcome and love it even more that it made this art piece something within reach financially! Go see the process on my blog.
To date, this is one of my favorite knock off projects. I love the price tag and the trick of using a large canvas that was super inexpensive has been something that I have used many times since! See the after pictures and the full tutorial on my original blog post
Rachel Teodoro

• Jean Myles

This idea answers a question I have been asking myself when I see all those cheap [ugly] art canvases at garage sales. Your blog is a great read full of great advice and facts Ty for sharing.

• Hannah V

Amazing job!