Painted Headboard Sign With Planters

When a friend of mine asked me to give new life to her old headboard sign, I immediately said YES! She owns a local produce stand, so figuring out what to paint on the sign was a no-brainer.
Here's what I started with. I'm sure it was super cute in its day, but that day had long come and gone.
I used my hand sander to go over all of the flat parts, and then had to sand the rest by hand. Uuggg. My least favorite thing in the world is sanding by hand. I also used wood glue and clamps to fix the top section that was coming undone.
After a good wipe down to remove all of the sanding dust, I gave the entire headboard a fresh coat of white paint.
The lettering on the sign was printed off from Ella Claire. (You can find the link to her blog in my original post. Link below)
I used charred tin cans with a hole drilled in the bottom to hold my succulents. To achieve the charred look, I simply threw the cans into my fire pit for about 20 minutes.
The cans were easily attached by using basic wood screws. Tip: It always helps to have an adorable helper while attaching your cans.
To allow for proper drainage, I added a few small rocks to the bottom of the cans and then filled them with potting soil and succulents.
Your sign is now ready to be proudly displayed!
For more DIY inspiration and tutorials, check out my blog Curb To Refurb in the link below.

Carrie @ Curb To Refurb

• Kate Slimon

Love the headboard. I'm wondering WHERE you got the stencil? Thanks Kate

• Kathleen

Remarkable make-over!

• Karen Benke

Yes..I just replaced my grandson’s wooden bed with a platform bed frame and so I have a headboard and a footboard..thinking about doing your idea and putting my address on it!!