DIY Farmhouse Table

$100

Last summer I went out of my comfort zone and built a Farmhouse table. It's 8 ft. long, made from stock pine from Home Depot, cost less than $100. I love this style of table but I couldn't justify spending upwards of $2000 on one, especially after we just moved into a new house, filled with its own expenses. I practiced doing notch cuts a few times and then I felt like "Yeah, I can do this." I wouldn't say it's for beginner DIYers but it's definitely not as hard as you might think. I used instructions from Ana-White.com.
This project uses 2x4s, 4x4s, 2x6s, and one 2x8. I also extended the length of the tabletop so that chairs could be pushed under on the ends.
A few weeks later I built an accompanying bench. The bench was actually more challenging because of the closeness of the legs!
I came up with a brilliant idea on how to achieve a weathered wood finish, you can read the details of how to do it on the related blog post.
I love how long and sturdy this table is! It can seat tons of people and makes such a statement in my house--it fits perfectly now!

Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
Honeybear Lane

• Wam
    Wam

Where are the instructions on how to built it?

Love the table.