Garden Water Feature Under $30!

$30

Designing a DIY water feature can be a challenge if you are on a tight budget. It can be even more of a challenge if you are looking for a contemporary water feature to fit in with an updated garden space.
Here is a great solar powered water feature that combines the beauty of natural materials with a more modern design, and does it all for less that $30!
Decide where to place your water feature. If you don't have power nearby, consider a solar powered fountain pump. Trace the shape of the container onto the dirt, then use a shovel to remove enough dirt to sink the container level with the ground.
Add large rocks to the bottom of the water feature, then use the rocks to anchor your pump in place.
Lay the pavers along the edge of the water feature to cover the container edge, and to help hide the power cord. Fill with water, plug in the pump and adjust the spray until it makes the sound and effect you are looking for.
More details on our blog. Stop by and check it out!

Kathy&Steve @ TBD•TGG•DYSS

• Trisha

WhAts the reason for the pump? And can you add fishes

• The pump allows you to add a fountain feature, and also keeps water moving so mosquitoes can't breed... And yes, you can add fish if your container is deep enough!

• Tammy Whitfield

I would love to try this but I'm not understanding how to keep the water from getting stagnant and all kinds of critters growing in it cuz I see no pop no water flow

• Toni

actually I have one. of those it's a lot bigger and are using natural Algae relief that I can get from the feed store... I am fishing it never have to worry about the local Wildlife because usually keep them fed so they leave everything alone

• LB

Where to get liner/pot/pan?

• Shirle Hammel

Would love to try this but concerned about what to do in the wintertime. I live in Minnesota.

• Terri Coffey

What a cool Idea. Just to help with some of the questions..maybe try these ideas?.Id empty the water and keep the lid handy for winter time. If you put small fish in it..then Id take the fish in for winter too. with a little pump in there it would keep water from going stagnant and if you dont want fish it would be a nice place to sit and cool your feet on a hot summer day. Would also make a nice little place for your kids to also cool their feet,or little tots to play in ( less water and supervised of course) so many ideas. How about just a nice place to sit or lay by and relax as you listen to the trickle of water . any ways..I love the Idea and plan on building it next summer right by the old bench I refurbished and now sits under a fruit tree