Garden Water Feature Under $30!

$30

Designing a DIY water feature can be a challenge if you are on a tight budget. It can be even more of a challenge if you are looking for a contemporary water feature to fit in with an updated garden space.
Here is a great solar powered water feature that combines the beauty of natural materials with a more modern design, and does it all for less that $30!
Decide where to place your water feature. If you don't have power nearby, consider a solar powered fountain pump. Trace the shape of the container onto the dirt, then use a shovel to remove enough dirt to sink the container level with the ground.
Add large rocks to the bottom of the water feature, then use the rocks to anchor your pump in place.
Lay the pavers along the edge of the water feature to cover the container edge, and to help hide the power cord. Fill with water, plug in the pump and adjust the spray until it makes the sound and effect you are looking for.
More details on our blog. Stop by and check it out!

15 Memorial Day Crafts
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
Kathy&Steve @ TBD•TGG•DYSS

• Tammy Whitfield
    Tammy Whitfield

I would love to try this but I'm not understanding how to keep the water from getting stagnant and all kinds of critters growing in it cuz I see no pop no water flow

• April
      April

I have a pond with a little fountain (electric). First year I built it I got small fish and put them in. They quickly fried and went belly up. Pond is 3 ft deep pre formed and black plastic in full sun! Way too hot for fish! But the fountain will prevent the mosquitos. Nonetheless u will occasionally have to add chlorine or bleach to prevent algae.

• LB
    LB

Where to get liner/pot/pan?

• Diane
      Diane

Depending on the size you want and the money you want to spend, you can get different size totes at Walmart, or you can get different sized pools there as well, at the end of summer look on the side of the road for people throwing kiddie pools away. Flea markets, garage sales, curbside on trash days, Lowes, Home Depot make one out of wood and use plastic sheeting (wood won't last as long and will have to be replaced) ...the list is endless!! Look everywhere!!!

• Sara Stanton
    Sara Stanton

Where did you get your container?