"Hello" Springtime Metal and Pallet Wood Sign

$15.00

Spring is the perfect time of the year to refresh your space, including your front door. My front door was in need of something new. So instead of a wreath, I decided on a pallet wood sign.
Visit TwoPurpleCouches.com and search "Springtime Metal and Pallet Wood Sign" for the full step-by-step tutorial. Or scroll to the bottom of this post and click on the link.
I made my own pallet wood sign, but a store-bought sign or background would also work.
My sign measures about 27.5" long.
I love the look of wood and metal together, so I decided to stain my pallet wood sign. I used two light coats of Minwax Polyshades in Bombay Mahogany.
Once the stain was completely dry, I was ready to add these galvanized metal letters I found at Michaels and finally, to embellish the sign with a few faux flowers and butterflies.
Find my original blog post here:

Emily @ Two Purple Couches

• Jan Shoemaker

What kind of glue did you use in your hot glue gun? I know foam melts with hot glue. Thank You. I love it and want to do myself.

• Samona

I'm currently getting ready to do my bedroom with my husband and I initials, but having a hard time with what I want to do with them. Any suggestions??

• Emily @ Two Purple Couches

@Samona I usually check Pinterest or Hometalk for inspiration; you could do anything from painting them to covering them with fabric. I also like to browse the aisles of craft stores to look for embellishments. Hope this helps :)

• Jennifer Loman Hartmann

About how much was everything

• Emily @ Two Purple Couches

I spent about $15 on the letters and butterflies; I already had the wood on hand to make the sign, and the flowers were left over from other projects.