Upcycled Chair Benches

My husband loves to collect chairs, me, not so much. He has taken to making benches which actually turn out pretty cool.
Finished White Bench
Finished Lilac
Two vintage chairs, connected with wood braces and slat wood seating. Often chairs just fit together with a new seat, sometimes they need more work. ps...yes, we saved the needlepoint.
These were connected with the seat and a couple additional wood pieces along the back of the piece, you can see one in the finished picture.
The white bench was a bit more work as the circular top had to be cut and connected in a "seemingly" seamless way. Glue and clamps are necessary to ensure a good strong bond.
4 legs become 3 on this piece, the entire seat area is braced and reinforced.
Slatted wood is laid out and cut to size.
Using wood dowels is a strong way to build, it is a bit of work so I am glad my husband likes to spend the time doing this old school- but tried and true method. Drill your holes the size of the dowel, glue and pound in dowel, then cut off and sand level. Yes, you could just nail too and it would be much faster.
The raw edge was sanded and formed to the curve of the piece.
Some paint and stain and she's a stunning piece! Solid too!
This is a chair bench we made to keep ourselves, Using milk paint to achieve a chippy finish and decoupaging with napkins and Mod podge.

• Vickie Colby

Do you all sell these? Where can I find one?

• Wor19985617

I bet the guys from that TV show Black Dog Salvage in VA could do this for you in a heartbeat!! I think they are in Roanoke.

• Phm25818065

Hello! How can i contact you about ordering? Thanks! Kimberly
    • Jeanne Martin

In an answer above they do sell them but do not ship them. Are you near Fargo, ND?

• Esther Sanchez

I have 2 chair backs & a broken bench,need help & or info on how to put them together