A Little Kitchen Remodel

3 contractors told me this couldn't be done without all new cabinets. So I figured out how to do the farm sink and microwave myself, and as long as I was at it, I figured out how to do the concrete countertops and backsplash as well!
I got too excited to take "before" pics, but this was the pic provided by the real estate agent who listed this house
The most expensive part of the remodel was the appliances and sink. The tile was a close out/clearance at Home Depot. So we got it for less than 100$.
a little kitchen remodel, home improvement, kitchen design
I spent 34$ on concrete, and stained it myself using coffee grounds. Letting the acid soak in before spreading them around.
After!
After!
Now the concrete looks like a stone slab.
I wanted a new kitchen, but didn't want the price or strangers in my house working on it.
I have no experience doing any of this, and I'm disabled. But I did this mostly by myself, proving that where there is a will, there is a way!
We love our kitchen now

• Kayla

What color is your walls in the kitchen I love it and am wanting that color in my kitchen

• Jen

Okay..I love your counter tops! 2 questions...1) you went right over your laminate? 2) how did you do the edges?

• Jen

Well it looks like come warmer temps I WILL be doing this!

• Angela

My question is how did you figure out the concrete mix with coffee grounds? What steps should be taken?

Looks great. I love the look of it all and how it comes together

• Madison McGahan

I wanted to add a touch of brown just so it warmed the grey. I was actually trying to find a concrete stain and I had read that they use an acid similar to what’s in coffee ( the point was to explain how gentle the acid was) I was getting ready to dump our grounds so I thought Id try it, and I absolutely loved the color!

But to be clear, I did not mix the grounds with the concrete. Since concrete is super porous, I just rubbed the wet grounds into the concrete once it was dry!

thanks :)

• Colleen

Wow looks great !

• Rambie

Amazing, it turned out beautiful. I have been hunting high & low for away to do my counters. God Bless you for sharing!