I Love Our Home Shelf - DIY

$10

They say home is where the heart is and it's the little things that make a home special. Like the rose my daughter gave me, candlelight dinners, my son's cheeky smile, our fur babies, a good book and belly laughs. Without those little things a house can never be a home. Our pallet "home" shelf that we made last weekend is the perfect place to display some of those special things.

i love our home shelf, diy, home decor, pallet, shelving ideas, woodworking projects

The shelf was inspired by the beautiful love shelf that's all over pinterest. I'm sure you seen it? We drew up the plans and started cutting up some pallets.

We used wood glue and a staple to put the shelf together starting with the "E" at the bottom and working our way up. The M scared us a little, there were some 45 degree angles involved. Yikes!!!!

I'm really happy with how it turned out, angles and all :-)

Come visit us the blog to get the full tutorial, we'd love to see you there!!

A Crafty Mix - Michelle

• Hattie

Just curious-how did you hang yours? I want a sturdy hold, but I'm afraid of putting holes in my wall with nails. Thanks!

• John Tammy Burnside

How many pallets did you use?

• Only one. The shelf is small and I wanted to make sure all the wood was the same thickness. The pallets we get here in S Africa come in all shapes and sizes so we have to be very selective on what bits get used for what so the end result doesn't look odd. I also don't have a lot of wood working tools so we end up working with what we have ;-) Hope that helps

• Carolyn Perkins Hummel

What sizes are the boards???

• Hi There Carolyn. I can't remember how long the boards were. I'm sorry, they've all been cut up for various projects but I just measured the width of the shelves and they are 22 cm (8.66") wide.

• Robby Treichel

Very cute project. It would look so nice in my sister's home. She has that "shabby chic" style down to an art.

• Lorlq

great idea I have a whole bunch of pieces of wood left over from a deck build and thinking I could make shelves from them just didn ;t get the picture Now theas are just flowing Thanks