I Love Our Home Shelf - DIY

$10

They say home is where the heart is and it's the little things that make a home special. Like the rose my daughter gave me, candlelight dinners, my son's cheeky smile, our fur babies, a good book and belly laughs. Without those little things a house can never be a home. Our pallet "home" shelf that we made last weekend is the perfect place to display some of those special things.

i love our home shelf, diy, home decor, pallet, shelving ideas, woodworking projects

The shelf was inspired by the beautiful love shelf that's all over pinterest. I'm sure you seen it? We drew up the plans and started cutting up some pallets.

We used wood glue and a staple to put the shelf together starting with the "E" at the bottom and working our way up. The M scared us a little, there were some 45 degree angles involved. Yikes!!!!

I'm really happy with how it turned out, angles and all :-)

Come visit us the blog to get the full tutorial, we'd love to see you there!!

A Crafty Mix - Michelle

• Merie Leon

Looks like a fun project. How many pallets did you use? What size are the pieces for the letters? How di I get to your blog? In totally new ti this site? Thanks.

• A Crafty Mix - Michelle

Hi Merie, welcome to hometalk. I'm sure you'll find lots of inspiration here. We made the shelf 3 years ago and if I remember correctly we used two heavy duty pallets. If you struggle to find the right pallets you can get the hardware store to cut the bits for you from a piece of pine or even scaffolding

• Linda Chalmers

Those candle sticks are amazing. Did you make those, if so, can you share?

• Sally-Charles Evans

Wow! I love this! I am going to give this a try! Just a thought....it could be free-standing with maybe ball feet. Hmmmm???

• JessieSue Grider

Have you heard of gravity? I think it would not be your friend if you attempted to stand this without also attaching it to the wall for support! Just a thought...