Grab Your Recycling! Make A Clock Out Of Cardboard!!

You could decoupage some cardboard with your favourite fabric and make a decorative clock for less than $5
Today I have a wonderful DIY tutorial for you to make! Perfect for people who love to recycle.
If you have a large piece of cardboard in your recycling bin then you could easily make this fabulous little clock.
When I was selecting fabric, of course it had to be Cath Kidston ^_^ I couldn’t have anything else, could I?!
Of course you can use any fabric you like, just make sure it’s a thick fabric.
I used Cath Kidston’s Cotton Duck range, which is an upholstery fabric. It just strengthens the cardboard so your clock isn’t too flimsy.
How to:
First, make your circle template that you will cut out. Use your plate and draw around.
Then, cover with a layer of white paint (this is just incase your fabric shows the Kraft colour from the cardboard underneath).
Once the paint is dry, cut out your cardboard circle (clock).
I used 2 pieces of chalk together (secured with a rubber band at the top) and drew directly onto the fabric, around the cardboard circle. The outer line is the line you will cut out.
Make some small cuts on the edge of the fabric the whole way around. Then cover your cardboard with decoupage glue, lay your fabric down and smooth out the fabric.
To do this, you can use your hands, a credit card or a brayer.
On the back of the clock, add decoupage glue to the edges and neatly secure the little flaps to the cardboard. Be sure to make your edges neat.
I used a ruler and pencil on the back to create a cross shape – X; this was to locate the centre of the circle.
I used a sharp craft knife to poke a hole in the cardboard and fabric, and I attached my clock pieces.

• Cath Kidston Fabric  (My Stash)
  • Cardboard  (My Recycling Box)
  • Clock Parts  (eBay)

18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Claire - Heart Handmadeuk

• Nancy K
    Nancy K

Very pretty project. Please tell me how you hung this clock to a wall since it doesn’t look like it has a solid back. Thanks!

• Laura Benavidez
    Laura Benavidez

Oh my gosh, what a totally ingenious idea! I've been wanting to buy a large click for some empty wall space I have but they're so very expensive! With this idea, I can customize it to whatever size I want and decorate it to match my decor. Has anyone tried using wallpaper? I bought some remnants at a garage sale recently for very cheap, I bet it would add to the stability. Thank you so much for sharing this idea, you just saved me a lot of money!

• Sharlene clair
      Sharlene clair

I have a bunch of fabric and I want the clock to match the bathroom shower curtain! B I N G O ! ! ! I might use a pie plate!

• Sharlene clair
    Sharlene clair

Yes!