DIY Tutorial: Microwave Flower Pressing

$2

....waiting 4 weeks or more for your flowers to be pressed, can be a bit discouraging...with this method it'll only take minutes, and it has the benefit of preserving the hues and colours of the flowers much better than traditional flower pressing...check out my latest DIY tutorial: how to do flower pressing using a microwave oven...
beautiful framed pressed flower art
1/Make a microwave flower press from a cheap notepad..
2/Prepare your flowers and fold them into some absorbent paper
3/Wrap up your parcel with rubber bands, then pop into the microwave oven for 1 minute at the time....let cool down
4/check to see if your flowers is fully dry and pressed...if not repeat process 3/....until you are satisfied ...

Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
15 Perfectly Round Tables
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
15 Memorial Day Crafts
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Juneolsen

• Tcs

How long in the microwave to start? What kind of paper did you use when framing? Did you use anything to preserve like coating with a finish? Love this! Need this!
    • Jana

I am going to try this as well. Years ago, I used to press flowers the traditional way, buy photo matting, arrange the dried flowers around the opening of the mat, glue them down (doesn't take much glue), spray them with a clear mat finishing spray, and gift them to my nieces so they could place their senior pictures in them. I used flowers that were their school colors, and dried ferns.

• Dd.4968315

You say put in absorbent paper, what, yours doesn't look like paper towels, looks thick like card stock, so what you suggest...and what were the flowers on in your frame? Doesn't the paper you use in microwave have to be the framing piece?..thx., beautiful project. 💘

• Katherine Anne

Thank you so much for your tip. I never thought to do that. The house we just bought last fall has two beautiful rose bushes with little mini roses. I had already put some between books to check months down the road. I will now try this method you have shared...thanks!
  • Jewellmartin

@Juneolsen. You have shown many of us something we have not seen before. I cannot lift the heavy books I have used forever to press flowers. And thicker flowers like roses and carnations can take a year to be dried out. But since your method makes this a fast process, if one spray doesn't turn out like you expected, it would be pretty easy to make another spray and start over. Thank you so much for sharing. Best wishes 😇