Above Ground 2016

Being a renter again and trying to grow food is a real challenge. You never know when that landlord can get the "move out" so everything has to be moveable.
2014 moved into rental with nothing.
Clearing weeds was first thing on the work list. Firewood storage area.
Front yard.
Daily turkey gang in background
Early 2015 built tree swing in 40 ft tree. Share later.
Rental until further notice!
Shaping up front yard. 2015
I have a slight hill in yard so all my pallet wood had to be level. Same time fencing around outside to prevent those little hungry deer. Right about this time the HOA started getting into my business in back yard. Long story.
Best thing I discovered is smart pots. Easy to move good water retention and down right great.
This was 2015 and had a fair harvest but then HOA made me tear out fence. Had to start all over. Portable is the most important.
I did manage to grow a few good things here this season.
After building bbq and pallet benches I then tore wire fence down and started again in March 2015
The pallet box on right was free and now full of potatoes. Yea
Fire pit ready for s'mores.
This is the favorite breakfast spot in morning watching birds! Love my yard.
I am constantly trying new things in my garden. Forever changing as family always does! Happy Gardening Hometalk. Thanks

• Old rug from livingroom. Poked holes with pitchfork.  (Out of trash when moving!)
  • All the wood from pallets was picked up at various locations. FREE  (Feed stores and Hardware store sometimes will let you if you just ask.)
  • Smart Pots all sizes.  (Purchased online.)

30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Everything Red For Canada Day
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper

• Liliana Wells

I am just catching up with HT post. You have great ideas. I too have a sloping back yard. How did you level your pallets? Thanks

• Lisa Gage

It took a minute to collect all the pallets I used in this area but they were all free. Then I used the cheapest bricks I could to just level enough to make sure water even. I have also used scrap end cuts from construction sites for this too. Wood rots over time and has to be redone after a few years. Some of them are not all that level but they do the trick! Happy planting.

• Lisa Gage

This is in response to the person who commented about dog on chain. I pay a lot to have my beloved dog here in the rental. Never do I ever leave her chained in yard. Only during this nightmare fence issue have I had to contain her. Now fence in yard is where she will have her free time. Any other time she is snuggled right next to me inside. Freedom after condo living! Yea Feather

• Lisa Gage

Someone asked me to repost this so here you all go.