How To Make Drawer Organisers With Stuff From Your Recycling!

I use my desk as my photography studio and the top drawer of my ikea drawers usually suffers the most when I need to clear my table top in a hurry! I was challenged to come up with something to organize my home; something that would make an impact. This project does that. I also made sure to empty a drawer so that I could use it to dump stuff temporarily.
I went digging in my recycling to find something I could use to organize anything in my home and I found a bazillion alpro chocolate dessert pots (yum and yes please) and some cotton bud boxes.
I thought they would fit the drawers perfectly and they did! I couldn't believe it! I had previously spent A LOT of money at Muji buying drawer organisers and after organizing two drawers, I'd blown through my budget. It was definitely time for a rethink. (Please forgive this super picture heavy post!)
how to make drawer organisers with stuff from your recycling , how to, organizing, storage ideas
See the messy drawers? Everything got thrown in that drawer and it was mostly fiddly things or drawer knobs... for some reason I have lots of little drawer pulls in there. Things that don't have a large home and don't take up much space. This was definitely a problem I had to nip in the bud.
Gather your supplies! You can glue your pots together before you spray them or after. Just try to be neat.
Spray paint the heck out of those pots and containers!
You could also use some velcro to ensure your pots don't slip all over the place, depending on your drawers and how well they fit.
The colour I used was Lychee
Spray and allow to dry
Ta Daaaaah!

• Glue Gun  (Crafty Tool Kit)
  • Pots and Containers  (Recycling Bin)
  • Spray Paint  (Crafty Tool Kit)

Claire - Heart Handmadeuk

• Laura Benavidez

I recognize the pudding and yogurt containers but what are the rectangular containers from? Thank you.

• Mag

Such a pretty executed project, I love that it's using recyclables. I'm going to start collecting my used bits n bobs lol. Well done, I love it.

• Sarah Shafni

Amazing! 💖