- etchall® Lighten Up Kit
- etchall® Etching Creme (4 oz)(*affiliate link)
- etchall® Squeegee
- Folk Art 30465 Peel and Stick Painting Stencil, Happy Words*
- DecoArt Americana Multi-Surface Satin Acrylics Paint, 2-Ounce, Night Sky
- Elmers E451 Spray Adhesive, 11 oz, Aerosol
- Beacon Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive, 4-Ounce
- Mason Jar
- Burlap, Twine and Spool
- Black Spray Paint
- Stencil Brush
- Removable Painter’s Tape
DIY Seashell Lamp
Like most people, I love to walk the beach and collect shells.
During the summer, I like to display my shells in a large clear vase on the mantle.
This year, I decided to make a Lamp using a Light Kit from Etchall.
Here’s what I used to make the DIY Seashell Lamp:
- Clean mason the jar to remove all dirt, fingerprints and oil. Dry with a coffee filter, paper towel, or lint-free cloth.
- Mask off a 1″ area around the mason jar with removable painters tape.
- Apply a heavy coat of etchall® etching crème to the masked area using the etchall® squeegee. Leave etching crème on for 15 minutes. After etching time has elapsed, use the squeegee to return the crème back into the original container for later re-use.
- Rinse etched surface with hot water to remove any remaining crème. Remember to keep crème away from porcelain or ceramic tiles.
- Dry mason jar and apply the “relax” peel and stick stencil onto the middle of the first side. Mask the sides of the stencil with removable painter’s tape.
- Using a stencil brush and the multi surface paint, fill in the open areas of the stencil.
- Carefully remove stencil and clean before stenciling on the other three sides of the jar.
- Fill Jar with sand and shells.
the lighten up shade kit
- Using the plastic sleeve template, trace onto a piece of burlap. Cut the burlap leaving a 1/2″ allowance around traced template.
- Use spray adhesive to coat the back of the burlap. Apply onto the lampshade and trim.
- Glue twine around edge of lampshade.
- Optional: The top of the shade is removable so I spray painted it black.
The Lighten Up Kit is pretty easy to customize. Lots of possibilities. It comes with a self-illuminating lampshade with LED lights, template and instructions guide. It uses 3 AA batteries so it’s portable and can be used almost anywhere.
The DIY Seashell Lamp was created for and sponsored by Etchall®.
- Etchall Lighten Up Kit (Etchall creme)
- Mason Jar
Top Hometalk Projects
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go