Jamie Williams
Jamie Williams
  • Walla Walla, WA

DIY Vintage Suitcase Table

Turn an old vintage suitcase into a table! For more furniture projects, visit my website!
diy vintage suitcase table, chalk paint, diy, how to, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
DIY vintage suitcase table
Supplies
I found this beautiful luggage case on a Facebook yardsale site for $10!
Buy some plywood and trace the bottom of the suitcase so the plywood will slip right in. It helps to have a handy dandy tool man dad who can make the cut for you.
Paint the table legs and the plywood in whatever color you want. I painted them in Annie Sloan's Napoleonic Blue and then waxed them with dark wax.
Mark where you want to drill your holes to screw in the heavy plates for your table legs.
Drill holes
Attach heavy plates and screw in table legs
Finished!
I love that you can store things inside.

Jamie Williams

• Lilian

Hi! I've been wanting to do this with 2 old suitcases I have but have not been able to find the legs. Where did you buy the ones you used?

• Shellygilley

Would you consider using Cedar? It would be a better alternative. I've got an OLD trunk that need re-vaped all the way around. I'm going to use Cedar instead of plywood. Cedar adds a nice smell and looks better.

• Cynthia vila

Where can I find the heavy plates to hold the legs on? I’ve been to two hardware stores and they don’t have anything like that?

• Jenn

Amazon has about everything if you don't have a Home Depot or Lowe's nearby.