This is, Hands Down, the BEST Ant Guard for Hummingbird Feeders!

After my last post, I saw a comment or two regarding ants marching all over hummingbird feeders. The only other thing I've needed to do to ensure pesky ants from climbing all over my feeders (besides hanging one of these on each feeder) is make sure any branches from plants nearby (butterfly bushes, hibiscus, etc.) don't intersect with the pole I hang my hummingbird feeder from. One guard per feeder lasts me all summer long (May - Sept, and I use an S hook to connect the guard to my shepherd's hook, hang the feeder from the other end - see photo).
This is NOT a paid endorsement, although I would be happy to be Perky Pet's Brand Ambassador for this product. )
Perky Pet Ant Guard on Hummingbird Feeder

Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Rita C. - Panoply

• Judy
    Judy

My feeder is one with the ant mote also. When I'm refilling the feeder, I spray Pam in the mote, or fill with olive oil. No ants.

• Linda B
    Linda B

I tried everything and not much worked. My husband then put Ant poison all around the base of the hummingbird pole -- about a foot wide - up to the base. It worked immediately :-)