Get Instant Shower Storage for Less Than $20

$18

Need more shower storage? I definitely did! There's nothing worse than trying to get clean while bottles and soap containers are falling on your toes. Instead of adding shelves or making a more permenant (read: expesnvie) change to my shower, I came up with a simple solution! I used a tension rod, shower baskets, and some curtain hooks to create more shower space. It's simple and space saving.
tension rod shower storage, bathroom ideas, storage ideas
SUPPLIES:
-Tension Rod
-Shower Baskets
-Shower Clips
-Metal Curtain Clips
STEP 1: Prepare your tension rod
Remove the rubber end of your tension rod and slide all of the shower clips and curtain hooks onto the rod.
STEP 2: Attach shower clips to baskets
Feed the shower clips through the holes of the shower baskets on each end allowing it to hang from the tension rod.
STEP 3: Add your rod to the shower
Hang your rod against the wall of your shower.
STEP 4: Hang your bottles
Clip bottles and wash rags with the curtain hooks and fill up your baskets with fitting items. (I used shallow baskets with the intent of keeping smaller items in it, however, there is a plethora of basket options at the dollar store that would be more suitable than larger items as well.)
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of September 15, 2018 10:10 PM - More info

• Kay

How would you hang or store heavier bottles?

im afraid they fall into my feet. Ouch!

• Catherine Cella
      4 hours ago

I have seen larger clips or even use a small more pliable mini laundry basket and feed it through the tension rod. It would work well. I'd poke a few holes in the bottom for water to drain out but I see where this project is going and I actually LOVE the idea of getting rid of the corner caddies and the gunk that builds up under them, and the ones that hang from the shower pipe always rust. I like this. I can see many possibilities.

• Is there a rust issue with the metal involved?

• Tammy Frame
      7 hours ago

You should spray with rustoleum clear coat 2 light coats let dry in between coats that should prevent it from rusting. Hope that helped

• Sandyo
    Yesterday

Ever think of just using 3 tiered wire baskets hanging off the "dry" end of shower curtain for those bathing odds n ends?

Takes up less space, makes bathrooms look less crowded; cheaper.

• Catherine Cella
      4 hours ago

No dry end in my shower. I can see your idea working in a bathroom that is larger than mine or if you have the luxury of a clawfoot tub with the oval curtain hanger. I think one good idea brings out the creative minds in a bunch of us.

• Rebecca Morales
    19 hours ago

I literally use the mesh hanging shoe divider and hang it inside the shower up against the curtain on the same rod and hooks as the curtain that way it's still within reach.

• Catherine Cella
    3 hours ago

In my shower I have the corner caddies. I don't mind the plastic too much but they get to the point where trying to wash them is a joke. I could see using a tension rod vertically, feeding washers that are super tight to hold the hooks in place and saving space that way in a small bathroom. I'd use some silicone clear caulk to help those washers stay put. Your idea has so many possibilities.