Bundt Cake Planter

$7.00
I have a small bistro table on my deck but because of my need to add a little something to most everything I do I had to come up with a solution for this small table so whatever I put on it wouldn't get in the way of guest sitting at it. I ran across a used bundt cake pan at the Goodwill and it was perfect for the table, even the hole was the perfect size to slip an umbrella through it. I simply sprayed the pan black and planted flowers. To see more of this project please feel free to stop by laurie jones home!
bundt cake planter, flowers, gardening, repurposing upcycling, Once the pan was dry I added potting mix and an assortment of flowers that included the vinca vine white begonias white petunias and coleus
Once the pan was dry I added potting mix and an assortment of flowers that included the vinca vine, white begonias, white petunias and coleus.
bundt cake planter, flowers, gardening, repurposing upcycling, I started with a simple bundt cake pan I found at the Goodwill for about 1 00
I started with a simple bundt cake pan I found at the Goodwill for about $1.00.
bundt cake planter, flowers, gardening, repurposing upcycling, The pan easily came apart and I sprayed it with black Rust Oleum s Painter s Touch Ultra Cover 2x
The pan easily came apart and I sprayed it with black Rust-Oleum’s Painter’s Touch Ultra Cover 2x.
Laurie Jones Home

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 4 questions

Comments

2 of 27 comments
  • Seena Seena on Jan 24, 2020

As a gardener that used to plant custom containers that my customers would bring to me, I thought I would share this idea. Whenever I made a custom container, I always made sure there were drainage holes and before I put any soil in it, I lined the bottom of them with landscape fabric pieces cut to fit (they can overlap a little)

This served 2 purposes, one it allowed for drainage. Two it stopped the soil from coming out of the container. I hope this helps. Happy Gardening

• Ilene Ilene on Feb 21, 2020

I used this idea over 21 years ago for my wedding on the deck of my house at the beach. I had cloths on the tables so drain holes were a no-go. I used disposable jello molds, took the growing flowers out of their nursery pots and planted them in the molds a week before the wedding. They were beautifully in bloom by the big day. Quick like a bunny, I took the flowers out of the molds and put them in the ground where they happily thrived. Thank you for the trip down memory lane.

Next