Kelleysdiy
Kelleysdiy
  • Palm Springs, CA

Pinwheels

Hi there! I am making so many different decorations for 4th of July! Our country's' birthday! Since there is so many different projects, on my website I decided to show the tutorials one at a time, for the next 5 days! It's so much easier than putting them all in one post and confusing you!
So here is the first days challenge: Pinwheels
pinwheels, crafts, how to, patriotic decor ideas
Aren't these adorable!
Now i made more than 4, so I hope you don't get confused by pictures. The first thing I did was take each scrapbook paper and cut 5" squares. After your squares are cut, glue two coordinating colors together back to back with white glue.
When your squares have dried, take one and your ruler, and draw a line diagonally corner to corner.This will create a X.
Now..take your ruler and on the line, measure from outside to inside 3 inches. Make a small line as shown below
Do this on each line that you made, on each square. Now, put some of the tacky glue in the center. Take one point and fold it over to the center where the glue is. You are going to continue to fold every other point, using the tacky glue to keep it down.
When you are finished with each one, add a button or whatever you want.
Now take your skewers, even popsicle sticks, and paint 2 red and 2 white
When they were dry, I hot glued the pinwheel to the skewer
Pinwheels aren't just for holidays....they are so fun to make for parties.
So there you have it! The first project. Most of the supplies, you already have. Jessica over at https://unmeasuredjourneys.com/ suggested straws! How did that get past me?

• 4 Scrapbook pages of coordinating colors  (Had on hand)
  • Aleenes Tacky Glue
  • 4 Buttons
Kelleysdiy