Repurposed Book Knife Block

$1-5

Soooo my husband went a little crazy at an auction and bought a variety of knives and yet none of them came with even a sheath to tuck them into. For a while I was storing them in a drawer, but many of them were too long and just weren't fitting well so I decided to make a fun little knife block! This project is SUPER easy! All you have to do is bind some old hardcover books together and you instantly have
repurposed book knife block, crafts, kitchen design, repurposing upcycling
SUPPLIES:
-Old Hardcover Books
-Hot Glue
-Twine
-Scissors
-Knives
STEP 1: Make sure you have books that are big enough to accommodate the knives you are looking to store.
STEP 2: Arrange your books in the order that you want them to be. ( I wanted to make sure the one with the cover illustration was in the front )
STEP 3: Take your hot glue and cover the side of your book that will be touching the book next to it.
Making sure that the bottom edge of the books lines up, press them together allowing the glue to fuse them together.
STEP 4: Take twine and wrap it around the pile of glued books 3-4 times.
STEP 5: Tie a knot with your twine so it is secured in place. The twine is to help keep the ends of the books from flapping open. You could glue them down, but I figured the twine would help give the block some stability.
STEP 6: Trim any excess twine from the knot you just created.
STEP 7: Place your knives between the pages of the book they fit best in.
That's it! Crazy right? Such a quick and easy fix! Would also make a great gift for a book lover!
This thing is seriously so helpful! My drawer is no longer a danger zone!
Just look at how lovely and colorful their new little home is!

Books
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of September 21, 2018 11:23 PM - More info

• Sylvia visentin

Do the pages of the book rip when you slide The Knife Down

• I haven't had any problems with that happening. The pages seem to create a space for the knife pretty easily!

• Debbie

Does the paper in the books dull the knives?

• Mike Mastellar

The paper will dull the knives much faster when you take out and remove them. It will also gradually wear down the pages. I'd go with the old wood block unless you like working with dull knives.

• Judy Garcia

If you use the knives alot, doesn't it mess up the pages?