B.J. B
B.J. B
  • Lexington, MI

"Mirabella and Isadora's Cottage"

This is our little 1 and 3 year old granddaughters' little abode. My Husband and I build it from a kit that we sent away for from the Jamaica Cottage Shop in Vermont. The cottage is really a storage shed for our garden equipment. When our granddaughters come from out of state we transform it into their playhouse. All of our equipment goes under a tarp behind it. We furnished it with odds and ends that we "shopped" for in our basement. I apologize for picture quality. I'm not very good at it but you can get the idea.
mirabella and isadora s cottage, home decor, We painted the cottage green with a lighter green for the trim and flower boxes We used lavender for other accents There is a double door with a ramp that opens to the right not in picture
We painted the cottage green with a lighter green for the trim and flower boxes. We used lavender for other accents. There is a double door with a ramp that opens to the right (not in picture).
mirabella and isadora s cottage, home decor, My husband built a drop leaf table for coloring painting tea parties etc We used an outdoor rug that we can spray clean
My husband built a drop leaf table for coloring, painting, tea parties etc. We used an outdoor rug that we can spray clean.
mirabella and isadora s cottage, home decor, The windows open out for a nice cool breeze It also brings the flowers in the boxes in to the room
The windows open out for a nice cool breeze. It also brings the flowers in the boxes in to the room.
mirabella and isadora s cottage, home decor, An old microwave stand is storage for their treasures and toys We needed adult chairs because our girls are just little When we have company adults are always having a tea party with the girls
An old microwave stand is storage for their treasures and toys. We needed adult chairs because our girls are just little. When we have company adults are always having a tea party with the girls.

• Rosanne O'Connor

Hi. I purchased a kit for this playhouse. Can you tell me how you installed the latch to the door so that the decorative part is on the outside of the door? Also, did you use a brush to paint the exterior or did you spray it? Thank you!

• Joanne Chapman Smyth

I would love the plans for mirabella and Isadoras play house in30x20