A Crafty Mix - Michelle
A Crafty Mix - Michelle
  • South Africa

Re-purpose a Room Divider Into a Bedside Feature

$70

Don't you just love shutters and room dividers? They can be used in so many different ways.
re purpose a room divider into a bedside feature, doors, how to, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, wall decor
When I saw this gorgeous room divider at a second hand shop in Pretoria I just had to have it. Look at the beautiful scroll work and it was going for an absolute bargain.
We re-purposed them by removing all the hinges and cutting off the legs.
We screwed a bracket on to the two outside panels and hubby made me two lights from copper candle holders that we got on sale, which we hung from the brackets.
The scroll work on the room divider and the copper candle holders look so pretty together. We put the re-purposed panels behind our bedside tables and I really love the new look.
And Cleo seems to approve
I still have one piece of the room divider left. I'm thinking it will make an awesome cupboard door or something like that? What would you use it for?
To see the full tutorial on how we made the lights and re-purposed the room divider come say hi on the blog. We love visitors :-)
A Crafty Mix - Michelle

• Keri

What about using it for the top of an end of the bed bench or make it a coffee table with a glass top with two chairs for a retreat area near the bed?

• Steve March

what to do with the spare panel idea.

I was thinking if you had space, build a shallow box and use it as the door. You could add shallow shelves, maybe hooks and or pockets, for jewelry or even possibly a ‘Butler’ for tomorrow’s outfit.

Which Stage approves

• HALDIMANDHOMERS

Looks Awesome!!! where did you find that divider, it is an awesome piece!!!!

• Stevie Johnson

IDK where she found hers, but I have seen similar in consignment shops specializing in furniture & home decor & import stores like Pier One. And you can find everything the entire world offers online!

• TW

I would use it as is, for decoration in another room---with fairy lights behind it to show off the scroll work.

• PameliaRose

I would use it for the front panel for a settee (or storage box) at the foot of the bed. That would pull the whole look together. You had a great idea