Pallet Wall

We wanted to give our basement a more rustic look rather than the current normal paneling that was there. So my husband gathered used pallets from different business in our area and we disassembled each one and made this fantastic Pallet Wall!
pallet wall, how to, pallet, repurposing upcycling, wall decor
With the help of our sweet Kira we began disassembling each pallet. (Don't worry puppy lovers these pallets were NOT chemically treated)
Time to get started now that the pallets are ready to go....... Here's our before!
Here's a look at the start. You can still see the old paneling walls with the NEW PALLET walls!
Then my husband, Jeff, took each piece and like a puzzle - pieced the wall together. Some pieces were cut to fit. Using a nail gun to attach.
We love how they're all different in color depending the age and wear on the pallets.
One wall done!
Finished! We love the new rustic look! Next on the list a barn beam mantel and frame in the fireplace!

• Pallets
  • Nail Gun
  • Saw

• Kitti Frampton

Did you leave the Pallets in their natural state? Or did you sand them before nailing them to the wall? Gorgeous by the way!!!

• Jennifer Amos

Yes we didn't do a thing to them. I like the diversity of colors!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

• Paige Phillips

Someone mentioned that there are codes on the pallets that you can use to tell whether the wood is safe for use indoors. I would love to steal this idea, but I don't want all the pesticides inside. Can you tell us where to find the codes that determine the safety of the pallets?

• Daryl

We forgot to paint the wall before installing stained barn boards and now we can see the light wall in places between the boards. How can we fill these gaps?

• Renata

I worry about splinters from the wood getting into dogs gums. My dog too seems to love chewing on wood. I really try to keep other choices around for her to chew but kids are kids right. Lol

• Jennifer Amos

Not to worry. I found her like that snapped the adorable picture and took it from her. Silly Dogs!

• Lisa House

Beautiful!