How to Clean and Maintain Your Dishwasher

I ran a coffee shop for about 10 years and during that time, I learned a lot about the importance of maintaining one of the hardest working appliances out there: your dishwasher. I had to pay for many (many many) expensive service and repair calls, and the one thing that we always heard, every time the service guys came out, was that we had to keep the dishwasher clean and maintain it on a regular basis to keep it running smoothly.
You may think that your dishwasher at home is clean but everyday use can cause grease, lime scale, and soap scum to build up in tubes, spray arms, and other vital parts and cause it not to work as well.
[Does your dishwasher seem to get everything clean, except for your mugs and teacups? Check thisout!]
You’ll want to start with an empty dishwasher. I just happened to run my dishwasher in the evening on the day that I wanted to do my little maintenance routine so I waited until morning to actually start the process so that I could get some decent pictures to show you.
I kept my dishwasher empty so that I could get started first thing in the morning, but this whole process is really so quick that you could easily go through it at night after you do your dinner dishes.
[Speaking of kitchen maintenance and upkeep.... Check out How to Clean, Shine, and Sanitize your Stainless Steel Sink!]
The last thing that you are going to do is grab a bottle of Dishwasher Cleaner and let it do the rest for you! (Click the link below to view the full steps and details for cleaning and maintaining your dishwasher, for a long and healthy life!)

30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
CreekLineHouse .