Gabi
Gabi
  • Romania

The Simplest Organizer Built for Free

One of the reasons I'm still buying canned food (even I'm canning my own vegetables and fruits), is that I get what I need for projects like this one.
This is the simplest organizer you can build for free, and it's the perfect tool even for a creative mind that never gets along with keeping things in order, namely me.
the simplest desk organizer one can built for free, crafts, organizing, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas
Prepare the tin cans for this project by perfectly cleaning them and washing off the labels. Get a piece of wood long enough for placing the cans in the line of the top of it. Choose a nice spray paint in your favorite color.
Use a hammer and a nail to make a hole in the bottom of each tin can, as you see in the picture below.
Don't be fooled by the pink photobombing creature, I assure you that no pig has been harmed during this photo shooting.
Paint the piece of wood, then spray paint all the tin cans for a neat look of the organizer. When the paint has completely dried, fix the cans on the piece of wood with a washer and a screw for each hole.
This is it! I told you this is the simplest organizer one can build!
Check the link below for more about this project!

• Tin cans  (reclaimed)
  • Wood board  (reclaimed)
  • One washer and one screw for each tin can

Gabi

• Danielle

Did you do anything to dull down the sharp inside edge of the can where it was opened or have a suggestion on how to do it?

• Tammy

Love this idea ! Also using the larger cans would make great storage for larger spoons and things like it close to the stove area... This would be great to use in a bathroom and as Debs above said put names on them maybe for each child you have for their brush , comb or even their toothbrush and paste. Love this ideas are coming in my head like crazy. Thanks for sharing.

• Debra Pulliam

You could even use this a remote holder in your den or great room.