How To Get Rid Of Patio Weeds Without Chemicals

$32.00

I have updated my blog post to answer many of your questions about this process so be sure to click the link at the bottom of this post!
If you have a brick patio and are sick of those nasty weeds then you must try this solution! There is a way to get rid of patio weeks without using chemicals. A few years ago, we restructured our brick patio and added more bricks to it. Little did we realize that even though we used plastic sheeting under the bricks, weeds would find a home there regardless of the precautions we took.
You can be weed free within a few short hours! We even had to pull weeds in the winter too. It was nuts!
Does your patio look like this? Aren’t you tired of pulling weeds? Well, here’s the perfect chemical free solution!
This is what we had to deal with constantly! We really wanted to avoid using chemicals. They never work and have serious consequences too. We knew there had to be a better way and of course, there was! Paver/Patio sand – yep, it was that simple.
The best part is you can use sand anyplace where you have unwanted weeds! It’s not just for patio use. We even used this patio/paver sand in the garden around flowers and shrubs! As you can see below, we even had moss growing in between the bricks. It was a mess!
You can pick the sand up at any of your local hardware stores. It’s the best way to fight those nasty weeds without using chemicals! We purchased ours at our local Home Depot and this is the type we used. It was pretty inexpensive too at around $4.24 a bag. We used a total of eight bags for our entire patio which is great!
It works great for:
Leveling sand for interlocking patio, pavers, edging, walls
Use for paver leveling or as paver joint sand
Aids with proper drainage and stability to patio projects
We also had to get rid of the weeds from our neighbor’s side of the fence too to make sure none of the nastiness of her weeds didn’t poke through. It was so easy to do and all without chemicals! That entire strip against the wall was loaded with weeds. Not anymore!
Hop on over to my blog for more details on how we got the job done and more pictures. I'd love seeing you there!
Be sure to subscribe to my blog too for awesome giveaways, tutorials, restorations and much more. Please click here to subscribe! Subscribe Here!

Sassy Townhouse Living

• Carol.jussely

Before putting the sand down do youhave to pull all the weeds up?

• Cher Kalil

Make sure you use table salt and NOT Epsom salts. It feeds, not killing the weeds!

• Anita Minton

How long has it been since you did this? I've used the sand in the past and after a year or so the weeds came back.

• Jessica Campana

Robert! I have all those things and I think I will be trying this today. We have a very large gravel driveway and this would be perfect for testing this out. how far should I stay away from plants trees and shrubs I DON'T want to kill?
  • Margaret Mol

What chemicals are in that sand, that kill the weeds?

• CPetey Ancelin

Of course there are chemicals in paving sand! Sand is made up of mostly silica. Everything is made up of chemical Salt is a chemical composed of sodium and chlorine.

• Lemack

i have been pouring boiling salted water on the weeds between bricks, they are turning brown fast, when completely dried up, they pull out easily, then i will use the sand. this will keep them at bay. the trick is to not let it get too bad. kep a spray bottle with salted water so you can spray the newcomers. its always a lot of work but the brick are nice to have.
  • Ella

I just spent the day pulling weeds and then applied this type of sand, counting on it to work, lol !