Shutter Island

Using a discarded drawer and a pair of shutters, some reclaimed trim boards and barn wood. I made an island.
the drawer adds lots of storage options
the drawer adds lots of storage options
shutter island, diy, kitchen design, kitchen island, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects
The shutters are a great place for cookbooks or magazines
It also works well in the entry
It also works well in the entry
hooks for keys and bags
hooks for keys and bags
shoes, hats and mittens can go in the drawer
Becky--Beyond The Picket Fence

• Lisa House

Fabulous! I am pinning this so I can make something similar for my daughter in her new house, I really did not want to make another shutter shelf. How did you paint your shutter, brush or spray?

• DJ

Clever upcycle!

• 11151827

I'm obsessed with louvered doors for some reason. We have done a couple projects with them which left us with halves. The half doors will be perfect for this project!