DIY Wood Pallet Outdoor Bar

Hey friends! I am super excited to share my wood pallet bar that I made for our back deck with you today! LC helped me make this bar a few weeks ago, and we immediately started putting it to good use. We like to grill out in the warmer months, and we didn’t have anyplace to sit the trays of food, etc. that we would carry up and down from the kitchen, so the main reason we wanted to build this wood pallet bar was to sit next to our grill to use as a counter space for food preparation, and we just love it!
diy wood pallet outdoor bar, how to, outdoor furniture, outdoor living, pallet, repurposing upcycling
We used two pallets for this project and we also used our HomeRight paint sprayer to paint them before we assembled it. We also used four 12x12 pavers to place on the top as our counter. You can see a full list of needed supplies in the post by clicking the link below.
These are the wood pallets we used to build the bar.
Here is a progress shot that shows how we assembled the bar. We used pieces of wood going down each side and screwed them in with wood screws, and a piece of plywood across the top to support the pavers.
You can read detailed instructions in the blog post about how to make one for yourself. We just love the way it turned out, and we have been using it regularly ever since! We had a party recently and used it as a drink bar, so it has been put to good use!
Nicki Parrish @ Sweet Parrish Place

• Susan

Did you glue the pavers on top?

• Kccarr1951

Will it tip over if someone catches a corner or leans on the front of the top pavers? Good idea if you can secure it to the wall or make the boards on the bottom of the unit a little longer and put them right on the bottom of the sides of the pallets.

• Hope

Hi Nicki...

I LOVE that little yellow light fixture. It kind of reminds me of a bee-hive. Do you remember where you got it..? (hoping a 'big box' store so I can try to find one)

• Hope

Karin...

Thanks so much for letting me know that. I will definitely be checking out Menard's. : )

Have a fantastic day!

• Carol Ellwood

Very cute. However, I would take a couple slats out at strategic places, and put in a small shelf to hold items you might want to have at a bar. These shelves could be made from the removed slats, and use the shelf holders that you find in cabinets - i.e. drill small holes on each side and slide the shelf/slat in to hold utensils, shakers, etc. Love the idea!

• Linda Abate

Neat idea for holding items not only as a bar but also for a family gathering, such as silverware, napkins, and condiments, etc. I can also see this being used inside perhaps in a bathroom if you added a couple of shelves for extra toilet paper, air freshener, and hand towels. Love It.