Teri
Teri
  • Bellingham, WA

Button Snowmen and a Ugly Old Window.

It all started when I was given this ugly old window.
button snowmen and a ugly old window , crafts
I was given this old window and loved it. It still had the hinges on it. It had been sitting around in my shed for a year and it was time to do something with it.
Time to grab some paint and see what happens!
I wasn't sure where it was going, but I was having fun.
I decided to add some white paint for snow and figured I would make a winter scene.
I went and gathered items to create my little winter scene. Button's, sticks, pearls, beads, glass marbles, wooden stars, and a little brass bucket.

• Buttons, acrylic paint, beads, pearls, sticks

• Sharon

How did you get the window the multi colors , also are you painting on the glass? Thanks I love it

• Teri

Hi Sharon I dumped three colors on the glass and used my hand. Kind of like finger painting. The white snow I did the same, but did not spread it out so much, because I wanted texture.

• Kris Ward

May i ask what type of glue you used plz? And is it indoors or out in weather ? Have to say, its lovely, well done... from Australia ...😊😀😀

• Gladys

In a comment answer above she said E6000 craft glue. Do you have that over there? It's good for just about anything.

• Gladys

What type of paint do you use? And can you use the same kind of paint on the wood frame as you do on the glass? I've never done anything like this, but it looks like something that even I can do. Thank you.

• Teri

I used acrylic paint on both. I then just gathered items that I thought could make a scene. You can do it I'm sure...paint, glue, and some items and your on your way. Just have fun!

• RichandTammy Whiteside

This is about the most adorable thing I've ever seen! Who would have thought to use buttons, sticks, stones, etc.? Obviously you did and it turned out adorable.

• Teri

Thank you so much. I have so many odds and ends that I need to start thinning out this seemed liked the best place to use them.

• Beverley Gasson

You could also change the glass or better still use a less breakable insert and change it around for the different seasons or special occasions ie: valentines, easter, halloween and christmas. Just an idea.