Jennifer Allwood
Jennifer Allwood
  • Kansas City, MO

Baseball Mural for My Teenage Son

I'm redoing my teenage son's bedroom and just finished painting this baseball mural on his wall!
baseball mural for my teenage son, painting
This hand-painted mural went perfectly with his new MLB bedding, locker storage unit, and baseball finial curtains.
The very first thing we did was find the height of the wall and put a nail in the corner about half way up the wall.
Then we tied a piece of jute to the nail and tied a piece of chalk to the other end of the jute. We used that chalk to go from ceiling to floor to chalk the outline of the baseball so that it was perfectly round. (note: raising or lowering the nail and jute will make the shape change!)
I taped off that chalk line and see how I ripped the tape in spots so that the tape would curve? That’s a little trick for you so you don’t have to buy expensive, bendable tape! Just rip what you have!
Then I painted the whole wall in a beige and added a vanilla plus water by ragging it over the whole thing. Yes, I felt like I was fauxing back in the 90s again with doing a “ragging” finish, but it worked perfect!!!
Getting the stitches just right, and thick enough was tougher than it looks. My blog will take you through that process!
And here is how the wall turned out! I am so happy with it ……especially when looking at it from a distance. Lol.
Please visit my baseball mural blog for better how-to instructions and videos, more photos and my COMPLETE supply list!
Jennifer Allwood

• Lei9790444

Love it!

• Sarge

That looks fantastic!!! I am a huge football fan and this leaves me with ideas for my "woman cave/craft area" in my basement!!!