Cover Up Your Router

$0

We keep our router in our living room, because that’s where we both have our laptops, and the signal reaches everywhere from that place. But the router is such an eyesore! When guests come over, all I can think of is that they're looking at this router. I searched on the internet and found a bunch of posts on how to turn an old broken book into a cover for the router. I thought this would be a good idea. I even checked with my computer savvy friend, who explained that as long as the back was open and the sides had space, the router will still work well. Once I found that out this project was a go.
Keep reading for more thorough details!
Here’s my eyesore router.
Step 1: Gather Your Supplies
I found someone throwing away this damaged book. It was the perfect size for this project, because it's just a little bit bigger than my router.
I used an old book (You can use a new one too, but I can't bring myself to rip up a book unless it's already going to the trash) and an exacto knife. Step 2: Remove the Pages

Carefully cut the pages at the spine away from the cover. Make sure to cut in the front and back.
I accidentally cut through the cover a little, but it still looked fine.
After you cut the pages from the cover, slowly pull it away.
Step 3: Tuck in the Router
I just stuffed the router and all the cords inside. There was plenty of room for it all.
Look how pretty my shelf looks now! No more ugly eyesore. If you don't like the cover (or the title of the book), you can decorate it however you like.
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

• Rou28246543

I wonder if one of those fake books would work.

• Robin

not a good idea. Routers need air flow around them or they will overheat and malfunction or cause a fire.