Hand-stained Bicycle (Penny Farthing) Table (stain Shading)

I hand stained all of the Penny Farthing images onto this custom piece for a client. LOVE this style of the table. So unique!
A customer brought me this table fearing I wouldn't be able to revive it due to the damaged veneer. But I assured her I could give it new life!
I dismantled the whole piece, cleaned, added bondo to the missing spots, sanded again, cleaned again... all the prep stuff. YUCK!
Now for the fun...
I painted the top with a variety of Velvet Finishes paints and glazes. I finished off with some swipes of General Finishes Ebony Dye.
OH, and here's a coupon code for VF TIMELESS, which is their gray!
I painted the half circles black (to mimic the tires of a bike). I used Shabby Paints Licorice for the half circles - this was my first time using this paint and I was extremely pleased. To find more about this paint, you can check out www.twopeassj.com. This paint is quite different than the Velvet Finishes, as it has a very matte finish, but it went on quite nicely without showing streaks!
Now it was time to get started on the staining. Nancy liked the writing desk I had done, so we went with that same image.
I then added some glaze and sealer and she was ready to go to her new home. The customer was very pleased! WHEW! (that's always a stress - HOPING the customer will love as much as I do)
To see more of my stained art pieces, please follow along on facebook - facebook.com/mmembellishments or to see even more of my things, you can check out my website below.

• General Finishes Dye
  • MixWax Stain
  • Velvet Finishes paint

To see more: http://mmembellishments.com