Copper Leaf Cement Side Table

$15

I know I know... ANOTHER table! But with this technique you can make a table or a stool. This copper leafed cement side table is super duper easy and quick too! Just a mix of some quick cement and some wooden dowels and you are on your way! Add some paint or metallic leafing to give some character or personalize your piece!
copper leaf cement side table, concrete masonry, home decor, painted furniture
SUPPLIES: -Rapid Set Cement -Copper Leaf Kit -Cardboard -3 Wooden Dowels (Cut to desired length) -Tape -Box Cutter -Ruler -Marker (not pictured)
STEP 1: Draw the shape Draw a shape onto a large piece of cardboard (I used a pizza box lid hence the grease stain). Make sure your shape is the size you would like your table top to be. Cut out the shape you created.
STEP 2: Measure each of the sides of your shape. Cut out cardboard to cover each side of your shape making sure that they are at least 4" deep.
STEP 3: Make the container for the cement Tape each of your cardboard sides to the base shape creating a sort of container for the cement to be poured into.
STEP 4: Tape it up Be sure to tape up all cracks and openings between cardboard pieces so there is no place for the cement to ooze through.
STEP 5: Mix and pour the cement Now this part gets a bit tricky, as you will have to work fast. First mix up your cement and then pour it into the mold you just made. You will need to mix up quite a bit of cement.
STEP 6: Pace your dowels in the cement While your cement is still wet place your dowels into the cement evenly spaced. Don't push them the whole way through, but deep enough that they are able to anchor to the cement. Pour more cement into the mold to secure the dowels in place. Make sure you have a good 2" or so of cement in the mold.
STEP 7: Remove the mold Once your cement dries (which will take a couple hours) you can remove your mold.
STEP 8: Sand it all down Sand down any rough edges on your cement. Remove any dust and residue from the cement with a wet towel.
STEP 9: Decorate it Apply the copper leaf sporadically in different places. First apply the adhesive, then press the leaf on top. Once the adhesive dries a bit, seal the copper.
You can also paint the cement if you want!
If you add a 4th leg and make the legs a bit shorter, you can use this same method to make a stool that is stable enough to sit on!
Another fun idea (which I might do later is to paint the bottoms of the wooden dowel feet. You could even do a striped design if you want!

• Rapid Set Cement  (Home Depot)
  • Wooden Dowels  (Michaels)
  • Copper Leaf Kit  (Amazon)

• Lucy Marie Bernier

Questions : I would assume you put the legs while cement was firming up ?

My other question : Is how did get legs to stand evenly ?

other then that Nifty idea ....👍👍👌🏽👍

• N. G. Londonderry

Doesn’t the cement stick to the cardboard mold ?

• Val
    30 minutes ago

I love this. I have so many questions. Did you just take photos at your lovely counter in your gorgeous sunflower blouse because I'd be so worried to make a mess and or ruin my counters. how did you get the legs to stay still while the cement firmed up? I don't mean to be a pillbox, this is really great.