City Skyline Luminaries

These pretty City Skyline Luminaries are easy to make from recycled glass jars and are absolutely beautiful when lit by candlelight. And I’ve even created the free pattern for you!
I love scented candles. And being of the crafty sort, I felt the need to create something fun to go along with them. After all, you can’t have candles without something fun to hold them. Right?
Start with a few recycled glass jars.
Print out the City Skyline pattern. (You can find the free pattern at the link at the bottom of this post in the list of supplies). Cut off the blank top of the pattern so that it will fit easily in your jars.
Slide the pattern inside your jar and position it to your liking.
Use a permanent marker to trace the City Skyline Pattern onto the outside of the glass jar. (You can find the free pattern at the link at the bottom of this post in the list of supplies)
I completed three jars using the same pattern.
Place some multi-surface paint into the bottom of the jar, adding a few drops of water to it to dilute it just a bit. Swish the paint around in the jar and turn it on it’s side to coat the sides of the jar, adding drops of other colors if you would like to create a variance of color.
Turn the painted jar upside down onto a disposable pan or paper plate. Allow the paint to dry.
The finished luminaries are beautiful just sitting on the window sill! Add some candles and enjoy! I love the beautiful stained glass look!
Click the link below for the free pattern!

Susan Myers